T.K. SahaDirector – Industry Alliance
It gives me immense pleasure in representing the JIS Group Colleges to the corporate world as the Director of Industry Alliances.
JIS Group colleges stay ahead of the curve by getting exposed to outstanding teaching and innovative leadership development programs, which ensure that the students are business ready and are prepared to deliver quantifiable results from day one.
Training & Placement Cell is provided with all the facilities to enable deserving students of JIS Group colleges to get competitive placements. The department is well equipped with excellent infrastructure to support each and every stage of the placement processes in the campus. We impart state of the art training to students to make them competent and inspired engineers, managers and executives. Our students have lived up to the expectations of organizations that visit the campus, looking for bright candidates to take up important and challenging responsibilities at their workplace.
We nurture industry-institute interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent Webinars, Industrial visits in-plant Training and Projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the gap between the Industry and Academia.
Students are also given an opportunity to work on live projects in both government and non-government firms. The college has recorded a high percentage of placements in all the branches of engineering, management and other allied streams which has been the main attraction for students.
Training & Placement Cell (TPC) plays a very important role in placement of the students to suitable companies at the end of course curriculum. They are the interface between the college and the industry. They ensure that all the students get to undergo internship training.
The TPC, continuously co-ordinates with various industries and organizations for training and placement for the students. Year after year, it has successfully placed a high percentage of students in industry. It actively obtains feedback from industry regarding the career progress of the the student and conveys it to respective departments for rectification of short comings. Based on the feedback, the department incorporates the industry requirements in their domain knowledge syllabus for the benefit of subsequent batches. The Placement Records over the past few years are testimony to the acknowledgement by the Corporate Sector of the acceptable quality of the students. This has become possible due to the coordinated effort by all the stake holders to ensure that the students are industry ready at the end of each course run by the college.
Transforming the students to industry mode
By the time the students reach the second year of their course are given to understand that learning only the university syllabus is not adequate to become employable engineers. Hence each student is trained in a structured manner embedding the industry specific program and a lesson on the art of clearings interview concurrently with University program. In this regard following are being ensured:-
- Workshop/seminar on Institute – Industry Interface are frequently organised where Senior Executives interact with the students and guide them regarding their career path.
- Special Customised Courses on Personality Development, Communication Skills and Soft Skills Development are included in semester routine.
- TPC in coordination with Department ensure Summer Training for all students
- Winter Training for 4 weeks (optional).
- Visits to Industrial Establishments accompanied by experienced Faculty members.
- On the job Project Training for 1-2 weeks (optional).
- Practise of Group Discussions, Interviews, Aptitude Tests and Psychometric Tests.
- Embedded Domain Knowledge and Presentation Skill classes in weekly routine.
- Pre-Placement Talk by Senior Management Executives from Industry.
- Well-equipped Language Lab for soft skill training.
- Keeping in tune with day-to-day business events through realistic case studies / workshops / seminars & symposiums / Interaction in class sessions.
- Combining management education with IT.
- Comprehensive survey on Marketing, Investment areas, HRD planning and Financial Control Techniques.
- Industry Academia partnership programs help students to upgrade on industry trend for recruitment policy by various companies
|Sl./No.||Name (Block Letter)||Remark||Stream|
|1||BISHAL DEY||M/S Kinlong Hardware||CE|
|2||ADITYA NARAYAN DAS||Capgemini||CSE|
|3||AINDRILA DAS||Ernst & Young Services Pvt. Ltd.||CSE|
|4||AMISHA CHATTARAJ||Ernst & Young Services Pvt. Ltd.||CSE|
|5||BHABATOSH SARKAR||Hexaware Technologies||CSE|
|7||DEBAJYOTI SAHA||Hexaware Technologies||CSE|
|8||DEBOPAM DAS||Ernst & Young Services Pvt. Ltd||CSE|
|9||DEEPI RANJAN ROUTH||Smart Brain HCL||CSE|
|10||JOY SAHA||Hexaware Technologies||CSE|
|11||KOUSIK DEBNATH||IBS Software||CSE|
|14||PRAYAS BASU||Hexaware Technologies||CSE|
|15||PRINCE KUMAR SHARMA||ARC Document Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.||CSE|
|16||PUSHPANJOY SHARMA||AMAZON / Ernst & Young Services Pvt. Ltd / Persistent Martian Programme||CSE|
|18||RISHIN HALDER||Hexaware / Persistent||CSE|
|19||SAPTARSHI SEN||Hexaware Technologies||CSE|
|20||SAYAN MULLICK||Mantra Lab Global Pvt. Ltd.||CSE|
|21||SAYANI DUTTA||Persistent / TCS||CSE|
|25||SUKANYA SAHA||Ernst & Young Services Pvt. Ltd||CSE|
|27||Abhinandan Mukherjee||Hexaware Technologies||ECE|
|28||AKASH GUPTA||AMAZON / Capgemini||ECE|
|29||ASHWANI KUMAR SINGH||Capgemini||ECE|
|31||SOUMITA MAITY||Hexaware Technologies||ECE|
|32||SUMIT SAHA||Capgemini / IBS Software / UTS Product||ECE|
|34||TRIKOMA BISWAS||Smart Brain HCL / Mantra Lab Global Pvt. Ltd.||ECE|
|37||SUBHODEEP PAUL||M/S Kinlong Hardware||ME|