B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2009 at the very inception of Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Institute of Technology & Sports Complex. The department started with a 4 years B.Tech course and later on, M.Tech programmed in Mechanical engineering with specialization in Manufacturing Technology came into being in 2012.
Mechanical engineering is one of the most diversified disciplines in traditional core engineering fields. This is one of the most vibrant Departments of the college providing insight of engineering and technology of machinery, manufacturing, plant maintenance, power plant, steel plant, defence, transport & aviation, space craft and other interdisciplinary areas to the budding engineers. We are proud to have state of the art laboratories fully equipped and enriched with modern machines, equipment, apparatus and mechanical workshop catering the services to other departments also.
Vision of the Department
To be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well qualified, innovative, entrepreneurial engineers, who will contribute towards technological development in the field of mechanical engineering and socio-economy.
Mission of the Department
- To impart basic knowledge of engineering and its real life applications to the students which will make them globally competitive in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To execute comprehensive approach in curriculum and create awareness in advanced engineering technologies used in the modern industries.
- To develop coordination with world class industries, R&D organization, educational institutions, industry for excellence in teaching, training and research.
- To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethics and values for meaningful contributions to the society.
State the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To enhance the knowledge of the under graduates with fundamental Science of Engineering & Technical abilities.
- To develop high level of technical competency combined with research and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions in Mechanical Engineering and/or related interdisciplinary areas.
- To expand capability of methodological approach for taking decision and designing as technocrat.
- To promote awareness towards socio-economic and energy related challenges and enhance professional as well as communication skill and perform as a team.
In DSCSDEC we have all the B.Tech laboratory facilities as per MAKAUT syllabus. Existing laboratories are:
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- Material Testing Lab Lab
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines Lab Lab
- Applied Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer Lab
- Metrology & Measurement Lab
- Dynamics of Machines Lab
- Machining & Machine Tools Lab
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Lab
- Manufacturing Technology Lab
- Mechanical Workshop
- Pattern shop & Fitting Shop
- Engineering Drawing & Computer Graphics
- CAD (Design) Lab
- IC Engine Lab (interdisciplinary)
As a mechanical engineer you could become involved in design, manufacture, research, development, management or marketing.
They can work in defence, manufacturing, transport, health and any related field as number of Mechanical Engineers worldwide are provided with good earning opportunities.