B Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
The embryonic formation of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was in the year 2009 with the introduction of an undergraduate B.Tech. course. Situated amidst lush green campus with plantations, the Department over the time has grown in several dimensions and provides a magnetic ambience in teaching and learning. The Department also offers full time M.Tech course M.TECH. in Electronics & Communication Engineering since 2013. Apart from this we are running B.Voc. course in Electronic Manufacturing Services since 2018. All the programs are affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad university of Technology,West Bengal (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) and approved by AICTE.
The department is well equipped with sophisticated laboratories in the areas of VLSI, Signal Processing, Microwave, Antenna and Wireless Communication. The faculties are engaged in research in diverse topics focusing on Telecommunication, Antenna and Microwave, Microelectronics and VLSI, Signal and Image processing. The research strength has been reflected by quality publications of the Department. Faculties of the Department are involved in outreach activities by organizing several short term courses, workshops. The Department is committed to impart quality education at undergraduate as well as postgraduate level and promulgate quality research in diverse fields of application in electronics engineering.
- Electronics and communication is a bridge course between software and hardware engineering. The students of Electronics and communication Engineering (ECE) get explored with the domain of modern telecommunication systems, fabrication of embedded system, mobile communication system, high frequency RF transmission etc. Every year highest number of students is placed from ECE department in different domains.
- Engineering fields of all aspects are incomplete without Electronics. ECE is basically a Research & Development(R&D) oriented branch. Students will have maximum amount of opportunities while pursuing their Masters.
- ECE students have the opportunity to opt for Communication Engineering, VLSI, Microwave Engineering, Optical Communication, Wireless and Mobile communication, embedded system, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Nanotechnology etc. as their M.Tech course (highest number of options for Master degree).
Introduction to the course
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Learning outcomes for Electronics & Communication Engineering students:
The Learning Outcomes (LO) are designed in such a manner that at the end of the programme, the students passing the course from the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering will be able to:
- L.O.1: Understanding of theoretical foundations and limits of electronic device and fabrication process.
- L.O.2: Understanding of working at different levels of abstraction including circuits and VLSI architecture design and applications.
- L.O.3: Ability to adapt established models, techniques for efficiently solving new problems.
- L.O.4: Ability to design, implements, and evaluate microcontroller-based architecture or application to meet the desired needs using modern tools and methodologies.
- L.O.5: Ability to function effectively in teams to accomplish a common goal.
- L.O.6: An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- L.O.7: Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audience.
- L.O.8: Ability to self-learn and engage in life-long learning too.
- L.O.9: Understanding and ability to use advanced techniques and tools in different areas of computing.
- L.O.10: Ability to undertake small research tasks and projects.
- L.O.11: Ability to take an idea and develop into a business plan for an entrepreneurial venture.
- L.O.12: An understanding of the impact of solutions in an economic, societal and environmental context.
- L.O.13: understand norms of professional and ethical behavior in engineering practices.
- L.O.14: Use new modern techniques and tools for application in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
In DSCSDEC we have all the B.Tech laboratory facilities as per MAKAUT syllabus. Existing laboratories are:
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Solid State Device Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- VLSI Lab
- Analog & Digital Communication Lab
- DSP & Signal System Lab
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Antenna & Microwave Lab
- Advance Communication Lab
- Project Lab
Even imagining a life bereft of electronic gadgets seems impossible in today’s world. There is no field left across the globe where one cannot find the usage of Electronics and Communication engineering.Some of the important positions that ECE pass outs can serve are listed below:
With the emerging rise in the electronics industry, new leading firms are springing up to meet the needs of the consumer market. The profile of electronics engineer has a great demand in the market and this has created a lot of opportunities for the ECE aspirants.
Electronics and Communication Engineer
ECE students could also pursue in the communications, networking, and broadcast, transmission systems work area. This work is mainly targeted to consolidate electronics, conceptualize the communication network framework, and ensure its flawless execution.
Electronics Design & Development Engineer
Electronics design and development is one of the most preferred choices of position by ECE graduates who want to have dazzling prospects in the electronic designing and development field.
Desktop Support Engineer
The profile of Desktop Support Engineer is required in almost every IT and non-IT company. This means there will be no scarcity of job options for ECE graduates in this position.
System Control Engineer
System control engineer job includes not only the designing of complicated systems but also testing of it. This is one of the reasons why the candidates for this profile are recruited as technical supervisors, system control managers, etc.
Mobile Application Developer
Smart phones have become as commonplace as anything can be and with their rising use, there is a growing market of mobile apps. This, being a relatively new field, the growth opportunities are immense.